Homeopathy is often over 99% effective in epidemics. (usually)
India's Health Ministry, "AYUSH," (in which the "H" stands for "Homeopathy") is recommending homeopathic Arsenicum-album (Ars-alb) for prevention of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Specifically AYUSH suggests taking Ars-alb 30c once per day for three days, and then do three days again after a month.
Sound crazy to you?!?
In fact, it's totally rational, and it's been done many times before, even recently.
The medical term is homeo-prophylaxis. Several countries around the world use homeopathic prophylaxis in leiu of vaccines, and wouldn't you guess: it works better, safer, and cheaper. They do it because it works, and not to pander to quacks.
Those that got treated conventionally during the 1918 Spanish Flu, to name only one well-known example, had an over 15% death rate (upwards of 45% in extreme cases) but those treated homeopathically: less than 0.7%. In many other infectious diseases homeopathy also rules supreme, like gangrene on the battlefield, typhoid fever, and dengue fever, with similar results.
The Genus Epidemicus: a fancy term for "the most common remedy people need."
In epidemics, because the disease produces such strong symptoms that are common among most people affected by it, there can be quickly found a homeopathic remedy that is common to most people. In some epidemics, like 1918 Spanish Flu, the majority of people recovered using Bryonia, and to a lesser frequency Gelsemium. Also prescribed to a lesser extent were Belladonna and Eupatorium. I think most homeopathic historians would claim either Bryonia of Gelsemium as the genus epidemicus of the Spanish Flu.
Because India's AYUSH Health Ministry has determined Ars-alb to be the best bet against the COVID-19, (a.k.a. possibly the Genus Epidemicus), I would suppose that many people suffering with COVID-19 are showing "Ars-alb" symptoms. I've copied a description of Arsenicum below. We might get a picture of Coronavirus by studying this remedy.
Hpathy.comhas listed the best recommendations for SARS, a similar disease. First, it suggests Cheledonium as preventive, suggesting it is the genus epidemicus. It lists Aconite, Belladonna, and Arsenicum as "first stage remedies." Nat-sulph, Phosphorus, Cheledonium, and Bryonia are listed as "second stage." The "third stage remedies" listed are Crotalus, Lachesis, Alianthis, and Muriatic acid. These make sense, and have been used for centuries in pandemic infections.
Now, my advice: focus on the first three suggested "first stage remedies," and know how to recognize them. Aconite feels suddenly cold. Belladonna has a suddenly high fever. Nat-sulph is much worse in damp weather, and might have a history of bone pain from injury. Cheledonium starts as a "springtime fever" or a "cold." Then, learn the second stage remedies, which are more about fever, prostration, aches, respiration. The third stage remedies are for bloody sputum, hemorrhages, choking, excoriated lungs, and severe symptoms.
Below we will start with Arsenicum, and you'll find a link to ABCHomeopathy, which has extensive information about every remedy. It's a good place to start, but not the only one.
All the proof I need that homeopathy will work:
Dr. Andre Saine, ND is a very well-respected homeopathic prescriber and scholar. He has compiled an extensive history of homeopathic success in infectious diseases, utilizing over 10,000 citations in his works.
In the US Army, some "enlisted" physicians were homeopaths, and utilized homeopathy pretty much exclusively. During the Spanish Flu of 1918-19, their record of success is stark contrast to conventional care. One way to read this result: Homeopathic care yielded 0.7% death rate, while conventional care was 8 times worse!
|Treatment Comparisons|| US Army Spanish Flu Statistics|
|Treatment||Number of Patients||Number of Recoveries||Survival Rate in %||Number of Deaths||Case Mortality Rate in %|
Fall and Winter 1918-1919
| Conventional Care, Entire US Army, |
Fall of 1918
- Arsenicum Album is considered an important skin remedy. Arsenicum is helpful in various skin ailments, such as psoriasis, flakey scalp, and dry eczema. Arsenicum is useful for colds that leave you exhausted with burning mucous and skin around the nostrils that is red and sore.
- Arsenicum is also useful for sore throat, burning in pharynx, difficulty swallowing, asthma.
- Arsenicum relieves intestinal distress.
- Arsenicum is used for food poisoning.
- Arsenicum helps with indigestion and heartburn.
- Arsenicum album is useful for Colitis-that is worse after midnight.
- Arsenicum relieves burning in rectum, involuntary diarrhea with frequent and burning stools.
- Arsenicum album is helpful for headaches and weakness.
- Arsenicum helps the mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive systems.
- Arsenicum is beneficial for hay fever with sneezing, coughing and watery, burning secretions.
- Arsenicum is used for Illness and Flu with diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, burning in stomach.
- Arsenicum Album helps with traveler’s diarrhea.
Arsenicum Album is used when symptoms include burning sensations, burning discharges.
- Arsenicum relieves symptoms that burn yet are improved by heat application.
Arsenicum relieves feeling anxious and restless.
- Arsenicum helps when one desires small sips of water.
Arsenicum album is suitable for the person who is meticulous, chilly, worse in cold temperatures.
- Arsenicum benefits skin ailments.
- Arsenicum is used for those better from: warm food and drink, in the summer, head raised, heat application. Worse midnight to 2 a.m. Symptoms are often worse on the right side, cold drink, highly seasoned food, and after incorrect foods or alcohol.
- When ill, they can feel extremely exhausted.
- Testimonial from Tony Fitzpatrick, Zealand, "I have been using the Arsenicum Album for the past 2 - 3 weeks to treat an eczema problem that I have had for a while, and it has almost cleared up already. Thanks heaps".
- For animal lovers, make note of Arsenicum as a wonderful remedy for animals. Considered a useful horse remedy. Exhaustion of horses. Skin ailments. Calming for nervous animals.
Arsenicum Album is made from Arsenious Acid or simply put Arsenic. It is also called "White Arsenic," and hence the latin "album," which means "white." Arsenic has a notorious history as a poison used for murders. The victim dies in agony with violent burning pains, vomiting, cramping. Mental agony also with a fear of death and need to be around others. In its homeopathic form, Arsenicum Album cures the symptoms that Arsenic causes. This remedy is an important polycrest, meaning that its indications can be for every organ and system in the body. Boericke tells us, "Arsenicum Album's general symptoms often alone lead to its successful application." Arsenicum is a common remedy for both acute and chronic problems. Arsenicum is found in homeopathic kits for good reason. Arsenicum is a constitutional remedy. As a constitutional remedy, Arsenicum Album can be suited to fastidious and tidy persons, meticulous at work and home. Arsenicum types are effective hard workers. They like variety in their jobs to match their restlessness and constant motion. Music, dance, exercise can be important to them. Many Burning Sensations. Common Food Poisoning and Travelers Diarrhea remedy.
Link to: Ars-alb materia medica (symptoms):
KEY-NOTES TO THE MATERIA MEDICA
by HENRY N. GUERNSEY, M.D.
Presented by Médi-T
General Characteristics--We find a great amount of anguish in the patient, and the greater the suffering the greater the anguish. Very great restlessness, which is exhibited in an anxious tossing and jerking about, every movement being followed by exhaustion. Exhaustion is not felt by the patient while lying still, but as soon as he moves he is surprised to find himself so weak. Intense burning sensation, as if from coals or fire--usually found in the abdominal cavity. Fear of death. This is not the Aconite fear, but it is an anxiety, and a feeling that it is useless to take medicine, as they are surely going to die. Deficiency of blood; dropsy of outer and inner parts; inflammation of mucous membranes; strong disposition to lie down, sensations of pressing in the inner parts; burning in the glands, ulcers in the glands.
Mental.--Delirium; raving; sad; melancholy fits of anguish, compelling tossing, uneasiness, sleeplessness; despairs of life; fear of death, thinks it very near. (Acon., inconsolable anguish, fearful and apprehensive that something will happen; predicts day of death.)
Head.--Acts prominently on the scalp; destitute of hair; rough and dirty looking spots. Neuralgia in left temple. Scalp is painful to touch; swelling of head and face; tinea capitis; swelling of cervical glands posterior. Ears, roaring in during paroxysms of pain.
Eyes.--Internal surface of the eyelids. Aversion to light in ophthalmia. Blue color around the eyes.
Nose.--Fluent catarrhal discharges, often acrid; scabs in; sneezing; cancer of.
Face.--Blue color around the eyes; sunken, pale, death-like; puffed; red; bluish. Forehead. Exanthema around the mouth. Puffiness of the face.
Mouth and Throat.--Eruption on margin of lips, burning; cancerous eruption with thick crust, and base with appearance of lard on lower lip. Pain in teeth relieved by hot applications. Tongue bluish, brown, or blackish; dry; desires a little water often. Burning in throat; gangrenous; everything seems to stop (lodge) in the throat. Taste saltish; bitter after eating and drinking; desire for cold water or brandy.
Stomach.--Qualmishness. Vomiting of black water; of what has been drunk, it comes up immediately; at night; after eating or drinking; of green mucus; of bile; of blood; with diarrhœa. Violent pains in the stomach during vomiting. Excessive pains in stomach; weight in, as from a stone; sensation of pressure in cardiac orifice as though parts were filled with food up to the mouth. Burning in stomach; cancer in; acute and chronic gastritis. Deranged by ice, fruit, acid things, etc. Hiccough with eructations. Sea-sickness.
Abdomen.--Intense burning sensation like coals of fire; right side. Pains in; excessive; at night; after eating or drinking; with vomiting and diarrhœa; causing great anguish and despair of life. Cutting in the abdomen; coldness in; excessive swelling in.
Stool and Anus.--Constipation; tenesmus. Diarrhœa after eating or drinking; with vomiting; prostration; thirst; evacuations burning, dark green, slimy, black, putrid; white; undigested; painless; stool acrid, stinking, undigested; vomiting, and purging from the bowels at the same time--a strong indication for Arsen. Inflamed varices with burning.
Urine.--Burning urine. Involuntary micturition. Paralysis of the bladder.
Chest.--Oppressed respiration; cough, with expectoration, only during the day; taste salty. Burning in the larynx; hoarseness, worse in cold air. Dyspnœa; slow and wheezing; worse, ascending; when moving rapidly; accompanied by debility. Burning in chest. Heart very irregular; palpitation of.
Sexual.--Male: Inflammation and swelling of the parts; gangrenous. Female: Menses too profuse; too soon; amenorrhœa. Leucorrhœa acrid, corroding.
Back.--Affections of the back often appear.
Extremities.--Right side. Affections of the shin-bones and calves of the legs; cramps in, at night. Tendency to paralysis of lower. Swelling of feet; hot, shiny. Blisters on fingers and toes.
Sleep.--Yawning with stretching of the limbs (chills and fever often come on in this way). Complaints preventing sleep; concomitant to waking; waking too early; suffocating fits; sleep anxious and restless; sleeplessness in general, particularly after midnight. Anxious dreams about dead persons; with feeling of embarrassment; fatiguing, full of cares.
Fever.--General coldness; chilliness without thirst (if there be thirst during the chill, except for hot drinks, do not give Ars.) Chilly after drinking cold water; after eating; chill and heat together. Wants to be warm, and to be surrounded by warmth; wants to be near a warm stove; complaints concomitant to chilliness. External and internal beat at the same time; heat of single parts; fever with thirst, little and often, followed by great prostration; heat with anxiousness; burning heat, wishing to be covered; dry cough during the fever; complaints concomitant to heat. Shuddering in general. Complaints concomitant to perspiration. Debilitating sweats, sometimes cold and clammy. Pulse small, frequent, intermittent; very feeble imperceptible. Compound fevers in general; heat and shuddering alternately; concomitant complaints during, before, and after fever.
Skin.--Acute or chronic burns; burning of the skin; dry skin with sensation of heat; skin like parchment. Exanthema in general, around the mouth, especially the upper lip; blackish, burning, gangrenous, pustulous, whitish, jet black, white miliary, petechiæ, fungus hæmatodes; external swelling in general, swelling blue-black (Arsen. will change this to a greenish hue, then it will clean up nicely), burning swelling, dropsical, spongy. Skin jaundiced; general anasarca; black blisters. Tetters in general, burning, furfuraceous, prickling. Ulcers in general; indolent; mortifying; turning black; black at the bottom; bleeding, bleeding at edges, with fire-like burning, with sensation as if burnt, destitute of feeling, gangrenous, hard, on the edges, with red halo around, painful edges, spongy; spongy edges, high hard ulcers, with proud flesh in them, with bloody pus, corroding pus, inflamed.
Generalities.--Rapid sinking of strength; great emaciation; least effort is exhausting. Marasmus. Convulsions. Stiffness of the limbs. Sufferings often induce shuddering, coldness, anguish, excessive failing of strength, inability to remain up.
Worse.--In the night; after midnight; from anger with anxiety; before falling asleep; on awakening; on entering a cold place; in cold air, or getting cold; after drinking; from exertion of the body; during, before, and after the fever; while lying down with the head low; on ascending; after moving (movement followed by exhaustion); from cold food; from fruits, milk, wine; during perspiration; from running or walking fast; from a scald or burn; during sleep; during the first hours of sleep; Arsen. always wants to be wrapped up warm, also wants warm things, drinks, etc., etc.; during stool (as vomiting may come on, pains, etc.); from change of temperature; after undressing; in vaulted places, as milk house, cellar, etc.; from vomiting.
Better.--On going down; lying with the head high; on rising; from warm or hot things; warmth in general; near a warm stove.
Remedies following:--Apis, Chamom., China, Ferrum, Hepar, Iodium, Ipec., Lycop., Mercur., Nux vom., Sulphur.
Antidotes:--Ipec., Hepar, Nux vom.
More specific homeopathic and Non-homeopathic (but natural) prevention and treatment measures for Acute Viral Illness, like SARS-nCOV2 - COVID 19
- SLEEP: people that run a 3-hour sleep deficit for even just one night have 3-time worse coronavirus susceptibility and symptoms. Go to bed!
- VITAMIN C: from food, or as a buffered ascorbate. People battling really nasty influenzas have taken upwards of 30 grams in a day, safely, and effectively. Proven antiviral, antihistamine, co-enzyme, and antioxidant action, yet a pro-oxidant against viruses. Any amount of Vitamin C above what you're already gfetting should be helpful. It isn't known to reduce the severity of symptoms, but it does shorten the duration of illness, the more you take.
- ZINC: Helps block Viral RNA Polymerase, blocking viral replication. Aids many zinc-dependent enzymes involved in replication and immune function. General guidelines are 30-100mg / day during acute viral infection, and suggested to use an amino acid chelate like Zinc Gluconate or Zinc Citrate, and not zinc oxide. (citation here)
- IODINE: This element is inherently antiviral, and we use more of it in the production of peroxides during fever. 12-25mg/day is suggested in acute cases. I personally use liquid "Atomadine" iodine, but also have Lugol's on my shelf. For most people Lugol's is just fine, except those people with autoimmune illness..who should consider Atomadine. Try also to get seaweeds in the diet.
- CINCHONA BARK (QUININE) - also is made as a homeopathic with the same indications: very sweaty, hectic fever, like malaria or dengue. Medical reports are suggesting that the synthetic form - chloroquine - is helping.
- FEVERFEW: comes as an herbal and as a homeopathic Tanacetum. Blunts a T1-cell response that can be overwhelming in a cytokine storm. I just learned about this effect, and was advised to go easy with it, and maybe save it for when we see the storm starting.
- BONESET: also comes as an herbal and a homeopathic called Eupatorium. Specific for bone pains, as the name implies, but also covers flu symptoms with respiratory and digestive involvement.
- VEGETABLE AND BONE BROTH SOUPS: When done right, a proper broth is powerfully antiviral and immune stabilizing. Thyme is a well-regarded respiratory herb, oregano is known antimicrobial, garlic also antimicrobial, rosemary...sage...they're all medicinal!
- KALI CARB: a homeopathic. What I'm seeing is extreme difficulty breathing, like asthma. When people have indigestion, a bloated gurgly belly maybe, and wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air...give Kali-Carb. The eyelids will be puffy. If this progresses unchecked, and I've seen this: the lips will peel, and then the skin on the hands and feet will peel too (purpurea)...Kali-carb will prevent this.
- FERRUM PHOS: helps neutralize the cytokine storm. This remedy is very very valuable in pneumonias, and not only helps with high ferritin levels (doctors are taught to do this blood test to check the inflammation level), it also helps low white blood cells, low red blood cell count and low hemoglobin. Like any homeopathic, it only helps if the person "needs" it, but you'll know they do if their throat is raw at the initiation of the illness, if they're flushed but chilly, weak, and the chest is inflamed. I put this last, so it'd be the last thing you see and hopefully remember: get Ferrum Phos.